Camp Quest West
Job Title: Leadership Track Director
Reports To: Camp Director
To provide senior level leadership to the leadership track program for teens 15-17 years of age. When program is small, will also act as one of the leadership track counselors. The teen programming is developed during the off-season. The leadership track director ensures the program is implemented effectively.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the LT program planning group and facilitate planning discussions among volunteers
- Consult with the Program Director to manage the logistics of program space – so LT and regular camper activities have appropriate spaces as needed throughout the day.
- Oversee development of LT program components, ensuring that these reflect Camp Quest curriculum standards and guidance (e.g., programs to teach the scientific method, critical thinking, and ethics; cabin challenges; famous freethinkers and world religions presentations; Chessie game; etc.) and are age appropriate and challenging for older campers.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of field trips, adventure activities, or special events days, if any, specific to the LT Program.
- Keep the Program Director informed of any major changes to the LT program or schedule that arise prior to or during the week of camp
- Manage LT Program staff and delegate responsibility for program planning to them
- Work with Program Director to appropriate regular program staff and assets for LT specific purposes.
- Set deadlines for LT program staff Leaders and communicate with regular program staff to ensure LT program syncs with regular program.
- Assign assistants to help LT staff from regular staff as needed in consult with the Program Director.
- In consult with the Program director, compile a list of supplies and materials needed for the LT program
- In consult with the Program director, ensure that supplies are ordered in time for camp- responsible for implementation of LT program – teaching program – feedback loop from LT Campers
- gathering information from Head Cabin Staffers as to how placement of LTs in other cabins is going.
- coaching/evaluating staff
- instructing LT staff
- Approximately one-third of our campers are either African-American, American Indian, Asian, Pacific Islander, or Latino/Hispanic. We are very proud of our ethnic diversity. You should be prepared to work with campers and staff from across the racial and socio-economic spectrum.