Camp Quest West is a non-profit organization with volunteers spread throughout California. Since 2006, we have provided week-long educational adventures shaped by fun, friends and freethought, featuring science, natural wonder and humanist values. We are volunteer-led, growing fast and we need an employee to help keep everything on track. We are seeking a Virtual Office Administrator who can coordinate communication and recordkeeping via phone and computer. This is a year-round, flexible part-time, work-from-home position. You would act as a first point of contact for parents and volunteers, send follow-up reminders and assist volunteer task force leads with record-keeping, reporting, tweeting, and tracking. You would report to and meet regularly by phone with your board-appointed supervisor. This is a great job for someone who can wear multiple hats and keep things organized and on schedule.
Send résumés to: [email protected]
Compensation: $18-$22/hour, depending on experience, 8-13 hours weekly
Reimbursed Expenses: printing/mailing expenses
- Effective and professional email and phone communication with customers, volunteers, vendors and board members
- Backend data management including data entry and pulling camp statistics for board reports
- Drafting or editing documents to support task forces
- Assisting board executives with communication and recordkeeping
- Managing occasional donor or parent mailings
- Other duties as assigned
Examples might include phoning parents who are having trouble with the registration process to assist them, phoning to follow up on registration payments, reminding volunteers to complete online training and background checks, checking in with task force leads on progress, interviewing alumni parents and staff for newsletter content, assisting the treasurer with data entry and reports and other communication coordination.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication skills: email, phone, Facebook
- A friendly, customer-driven attitude
- Good time-management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Absolute commitment to integrity, privacy, and professionalism
- Intermediate-level familiarity with Word and Excel or the equivalent in GoogleDocs
- Ability to manage occasional postal mailings
Additional consideration will be provided to candidates who exhibit these qualities:
- Experience with camp administration, office administration, or project management
- Experience with Slack or Salesforce
- Located in California, or the Pacific time zone.
- Verbal fluency in Spanish (for communicating with parents)
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Some college
- Experience working in a professional setting
- Internet access (you will work from home)
- Phone access (you will call from home)
* Camp Quest West is an equal-opportunity employer. Our customers and volunteers come from across the racial, socio-economic, age and lifestyle spectrums. You should be prepared to work with and be sensitive to the concerns of all of them.